Friday, January 30, 2009

Polyphasic Sleep Log: Days 13-15

My sleeping schedule has become "normal" to me. It's hard to get excited about blogging "normal" daily stuff. So, I will probably not report every day on my latest news. I remember reading other blogs and wishing they didn't stop blogging when they did. Now that I am in the situation, I can totally see why the blog entries slowly trailed off and eventually stopped. I can see myself doing the same thing. If you blogged every day about what time YOU went to bed and woke up, and how you hit snooze, or stayed up later than you normally like to, or slept in one day: I bet it wouldn't seem like a very interesting blog to you. Are you still interested? I guess I could use my witty charm to make anything more interesting. That's it, I'm starting a daily blog about the gravel in our front yard! I guess this blog may be slightly more interesting than gravel.

Day 13's (Tuesday) naps went fine. I've really grown accustomed to my 12pm and 4pm naps in the car. I just lean the seat back, grab the stuffed animal pillow that my kids left in the car, and I'm usually rested in less than 20 minutes. That stuffed dog has the perfect size and shape. It's almost like one of those neck pillows. I park behind work to avoid too much foot traffic, but there's a parking lot for a pool hall there. The occasional person that sees me sleeping with my stuffed animal at the same time every day will just have to deal with it.

My 9pm naps are harder than sleeping in the car. The car is isolated and quiet. Laying down with the kids isn't always very quiet or peaceful. There have been several times that I never fell asleep at the 9pm nap.

My core sleep is all over the place. I have absolutely no consistency going on there. I have been in the 4-6 hours of sleep range there. Last night I was really tired by the time 1am rolled around, and ended up falling asleep without even setting an alarm! I woke up with the sun, around 7am. Just in time to get ready. In the past, I probably would have slept in till 9 and been late for work. So at least my "sleeping-in" is when I get 6 hours of sleep and wake up at 7. I decided not to take my 8am nap, seeing as how I just woke up an hour ago.

Overall, I don't keep as rigid a night schedule. My day schedule is pretty regular. Staying up until 1am every night has become normal, where I used to struggle to make it till 11pm. I like that aspect of it. Sometimes the naps are inconvenient, but overall it's worth it. I planned on doing all sorts of great things with all my extra time so I still want to work on my core sleep. If I can get it down to a consistent 3 hours, I can do some of the other things I want to do. I would like to start a blog with video tutorials on computer topics. I think that it could make me some money eventually. Right now, I choose to use my available time on other things. So, I either need more available time or to change the way I use my time.

Adding the little ad links to this blog has actually generated a few dollars. If I had a blog that naturally tied itself to computer products, I could maybe get rich and .... Probably not. But it's fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment